Monday, December 14, 2009

December 7 - 13, 2009
















See December Pictures at:
Fortie Family Flyer
December 7 – 13, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,
Work, work, busy, busy, shop, shop, spend, spend, run, run, play, play, see, see, decorate, decorate, when does rest, rest happen. I missed writing this week so I don’t remember much (a month later).
Happy Birthday to Paige. It was a hard birthday for her I'm sure since Nathan had to leave for lands unknown around her birthday. Stay safe Nathan and keep in touch.
I did administer the ACT test on Saturday morning, nothing new or eventful happened. I then worked at Deseret Book in the evening – long day.
On Sunday we ate at grandpa and grandma’s then all went to Temple Square to see the lights. It was a bit rainy so I was worried but it turned out to be fine and made the sidewalks wet which gave all the lights a shinny better look. There were not as many lights this year as in years past so pictures were not quite as good but we had fun.
That’s it for me. Hope all your Christmas preparation goes well.
Ken and clan




From Elder Fortie:
Alright everyone time is non existent, I just got called to go do a musical number for a Christmas program and I've never even seen the music and I have a half hour to learn what supposedly from what I hear is one of the most complex arrangements of Angels we have heard on high that there is. Apparently only the words are the same... the music has nothing to do with what we sing in the hymn book... here we go...So quickly before I forget! I will be calling home on Christmas at 11:00 A.M. CALIFORNIA time, which would be 12 NOON UTAH time. Got it? NOON for you, that's all you've got to remember.
So We had a wedding on Friday!!! Yay!!! Alfonzo and Angela were married on Saturday the 12th so they can prepare to be baptized with their 2 kids on The 26th of December! The day after Christmas!!! Good Christmas present eh? Prayers are welcome on the subject haha! The wedding was great and we had a great party afterwards! Our other investigator Mayra, caught the Bouquet (she also needs to get married to get baptized... coincidence? I think not!) So that was humorous, we've just been busting our tails trying to make things happen but we've been run pretty ragged as well seeing as we are preparing everything at the temple and stuff for Christmas... I tell you I'm so busy doing my job I'm not sure when I'm supposed to do my job... yes that was meant to sound like that.
Okay sorry to break this news like a Ming vase, but I got my mission extended! I now no longer return the first of April, I am now due to come back in mid May! I am really excited for the extra time to serve, especially since extensions are not easy to come by, so it is really a blessing.
Well I run short on time, but I hope you all have a jolly little time in preparation for Christmas. I wish I could spend more time, I would love to send you all a little Christmas message and what not, but my time does not permit it. Just remember, why we have this day. Forget the hustle and bustle, and smile, laugh, sing, pray... I love you all!Love,Elder Fortie

No comments:

Post a Comment