Monday, September 7, 2009

August 31 - September 6, 2009

Fortie Family Flyer
August 31 – September 6, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,
This week has vanished from my memory; I’ll have to do some digging. Looks like I had better write every night as the older I get the more things just become a blur.
Oh yes, I put two pictures in the Sandy Library as part of an art display with the Utah Photographic Art Association. One was my Big Bang picture (see if I can sell it to be rid of it) and my most recent temple shot, the Oquirrh Mountain sunset shot. The Big Bang is a 20x24 canvas and the temple is a framed 16x20 print. Hopefully they will sell.
I worked for a day creating a photo montage on a 4x6 size photo with my name email and web info on it. I think it looks pretty good. I’ll put it in the Sandy library for people who come to see the artwork.
I have also worked a bit on family pictures for Arnolds and some of Whitney. Hope they turn out so they will like them.
Got my monthly check from the BYU Bookstore and it was more than double what it normally is. That was good news. I will have to get down there more often to keep things stocked.
We went to Emma’s baptism on Saturday and had a nice lunch afterwards at Brent and Mandy’s house. They have some cute kids. We came home and worked for a bit then, those of us who didn’t have to work, headed for grandpa and grandma’s to watch the BYU game. It wasn’t a high scoring game and even though it was a nail biter it was fun to watch. We were thinking it was a great victory but as we listened to the news afterwards we realized that this was one of the biggest wins in BYU history – WOW!!! We tried to record the game for the girls but it didn’t work. I checked it and found it to be blank so I took it into the kitchen VCR and caught the last third of the game. We will have to watch it again on KBYU this Friday.
We got home late and got a few things done around the house before we hit the sack.
On Sunday I went with Bro. Mueller again to visit 3 families to talk about how they are doing with their genealogy. It was the usual, some had grandparents who did it and they haven’t done much themselves, some just didn’t get interested, and some seemed to want to get started. We’ll see what happens when we check back with them. I was asked today to teach the High Priest’s on the second Sunday of every month and also to teach the genealogy Sunday School class every week starting in October. That should be interesting. At least it will keep me off the streets.
We had a family home evening lesson Sunday night and then just talked or slept. Both are good.
Well, that’s it from our house; hope you win your game.
Ken and clan





From Elder Fortie
Tuesday
don't have time to write right now, I got transferred, sorry explain later.

Well as you'll find in my letter I got transferred today, but my area consisted of the south tip of San Francisco, South San Francisco (yeah it's different), San Bruno, Pacifica, Milbrae, and Burlingame (my favorite city, it is gorgeous) and my district covered all that plus foster city and San Mateo (I covered most everything, go figure seeing as I had the least time). But now I'm moved haha, so I don't know yet my area etc. I'll let you know when I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment