Monday, May 17, 2010

May 10 - 16, 2010

Fortie Family Flyer
May 10 – 16, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,
So, the week was a census week for me and that about sums it up. Lot’s of interesting stories from each of my crewmembers about strange people and their strange responses to the census. Nothing really new though.
I have been getting headaches almost everyday for several months now. I have been experimenting for a while to determine if it is a food allergy or what. It is hard to tell, sometimes I think it is wheat, then sugar, then chocolate. Maybe I’m just allergic to food in general. If I stop eating for a few months it will probably all go away. I’ll have to figure it out.
I took a break from all the chaos this week and I rode my scooter up the canyon and stopped in a quiet place where I saw several deer. I walked up a dry streambed, sat down and played my flute to the forest. It was a nice break from the hustle and bustle of modern day life. After that little break it was back down to my meetings with my crew and all the paperwork and dealing with problems.
Sunday was a nice break as well. I did have to get up early to collect binders and papers from my crew and get them to my boss (not fun or relaxing) but then I didn’t have a new class yet to start the genealogy lessons over again and I didn’t have to teach High Priests so I used the time to create a questionnaire to find out where everyone is on their genealogy and passed them out to everyone in Priesthood, Relief Society and Primary. After church we wrote letters, Tami made a dessert, and we all took a nap while we waited for Brian to come home from his meetings. The home teachers came by while we were all asleep so it took us a few minutes to get our bearings as we let them in. We enjoy their visit and tend to keep them here longer than we should but we like the company.
After that we headed to grandpa and grandmas for dinner. It was a nice day so we had a BBQ outside. I went out back with Spencer to explore and I found a watering can in his favorite shed. I filled it and had him help me water some flowers. He got quite a kick out of that so we kept doing it over and over again. Later Brian chased him with those big punching balloons and he would run into the shed and shut the door screaming all the way. We all had a good laugh at the performance; nothing like a good dinner and a show. After dinner we played ‘keep the large bag of old birthday balloons off the ground,’ it was fun. We then played a few rounds of golf and headed home.
That’s it from our house.
Keep playing music,
Ken and clan



From Elder Fortie:
Well, it's my last day in the field... tomorrow I will spend the day with president, then the next day... well the next day I'm not sure what happens but I think it's something comparable to the great wall of china falling down or something like that....
Well I have a request. My homecoming is next week, as I'm sure you are all aware of. My request is, that as many non members as possible are there to hear me speak! Invite everybody you know! Spread the word through the ward, family members etc. to bring as many non-member friends as they can muster up! That would make my day to be able to talk to one last group of people that don't yet have the gospel! Can you imagine if every member brought one none member!???!!!!!! (I had to use as many of those as I could with that statement!) So spread the word and bring on the people, and tell whatever Elders that cover our area they are welcome to bring investigators, and I will try not to let them down! So let it be written so let it be done!
Otherwise, well I suppose I'll talk to you all next week... not much else to say for now... uhm, oh, so Satan is a mean cuss! He is not letting me quit easy. So my eye is recovering just fine from the last weeks surprise, but this week, hehe... I may have damaged some of the discs in my back slightly... I'm now on some more happy medications, and pain killers... and I possibly will have to see a chiropractor... but I should be fine!!!! emphasis on that, meaning no need to call and bother the office people, they can't tell you anything more then exactly what I just told you, so yeah we shall see how that goes, but Satan is just cruel that's all I gots to say.
Well I shall see you all soon, take care, be happy and keep on smiling!
Love, Elder Fortie




From Jennifer:
Hello! I thought since this is gonna be the last letter, I’d better write!
            So elder Fortie, how are things going? I never finished with my Disneyland telling but I think I will just wait for you to be home. We have lots of pictures to show you! And I’m sure you have plenty to show us. Sorry, don’t mean to make you trunky ha ha.
            This week I babysat everyday and had some fun moments with the boys! Last week the little guys and I made a mothers day dinner of slightly soggy spaghetti, meat blobs and chocolate cupcakes that had marshmallow cream inside, but we forgot to only fill them 2\3 of the way and we filled them to the top, making them overflow all over, but it was fun! But there was so much batter left, so we ate it all and got our faces really messy, the pictures were priceless!
            My school finished up with end of year testing this past week, making school now pointless, but really fun! Freshman year baby! I’ve been so good with my grades lately, I’m not gonna lie, I’m pretty proud. Anyway, the school had all the students take the personality color quiz thing, I’m a white with blue and yellow perfectly tied in second, and absolutely no red. It was really cool to learn about the different personalities! And fun to learn what my best friends are, none of them are white, just me, all alone. Ha ha, but that’s okay, because when I’m around them the more yellow in me comes out! I had yet another friend pass me up, I’m now the shortest one in our group, I guess I should get used to that, alas, I am done growing, at a whopping 5ft.2in. I know, I’m gigantic! But on the positive side I can always wear heels on dates! J Bonus!
Well, I had a way fun night with some of my best friends-Hannah, Derek, Gabe, Sharpie (his real name is McKay), Kati, Kevin and Sarah. We played basketball for a minute, well the guys and I did, which I epically failed at, because I’m almost a whole foot shorter then sharpie, but oh well! Then we all played boys against girls keep away and watched a movie called Hoovers, really boring movie by the way! We were all more focused on the guy’s creepy short shorts and our candy! Yummy! Then we made delicious personal pizzas that were actually really big! I didn’t come close to finishing mine! But I tried an anchovy at the same time as Derek and Sharpie, really not THAT bad, but I’d never have them again, I’ve tried it once, now I can say I’ve done it and go on with life!
Which I have to go do now! Off to grandma and grandpa’s! Can’t WAIT to see you! Good luck on your mission! Love you, and bye.     

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment