Monday, May 31, 2010

May 23 - 30, 2010

Fortie Family Flyer
May 23 – 30, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,
            Well, they didn’t waist much time getting to Jason’s homecoming (which isn’t called a homecoming anymore). The Bishop told him not to say anything about his mission in his talk so he didn’t. We told him he could use stories that related to his topic as the prophet and apostles often do in conference but he decided to do what the bishop said and said nothing about his mission. We had several people say they wanted to hear some stories and were a bit disappointed even though Jason gave a very good talk about Christ and the Atonement. We had family and friends over to the house after church and had a nice visit. Gardner’s also came over from the ward but I think that was all. We are just too old for this ward I think. Anyway we sure enjoyed seeing family that we haven’t seen for a while.
            We had a late snow this week and it killed the blossoms on my apple, peach and pear trees so I got only one or two from each tree, very sad.
            Alicia put together a surprise birthday dinner for Chad at the Belgian Waffle House. We all arrived early and he was surprised at how many people were there. We had some good eats and cake after so it was a great time. My kids are getting up there in years, I guess that puts me way up there now, oh my!

Keep having birthdays (it’s better than the alternative),
Ken and clan

























No comments:

Post a Comment