Monday, June 21, 2010

June 14 - 20, 2010





Fortie Family Flyer
Jun 14 – 20, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,
            This was a fairly uneventful week (unless I have forgotten something major like the birth of a grandchild or something). The girls have had stickers and posters and what not on their walls so the walls were looking rather bedraggled with paint pealed off and things of that nature (can you tell I like that phrase – it’s from the movie Beautiful Mind); so most of the week was spent painting the girls rooms. They decided to really put their dad to work so they had me doing fancy stripes along the tops of the wall in different colors and everything. Crazy times we had but it all turned out well.
            When we were not painting we were getting the girls ready for France, like getting passports, etc. Lots of stuff to do but they are sure excited to go. That will be quite the adventure.
            Of course my work as a crew leader with the census is still going. However, things have slowed down a bit. I no longer have weeks with 60 to 80 hours of work. It is good money but at times has been very stressful. It has been a real learning curve for me as I am more the artist in my work rather than the boss. Each day I meet with each member of my crew at McDonalds in Wal-Mart and took the questionnaires from them that they had finished, I then talked to them about some of their problems and took some of their EQ’s (Enumerator Questionnaires) that were real problems and go visit those people myself. I have spent so much time at Wal-Mart that I have gotten to know all the greeters and McDonalds employees. After meeting with my 12 to 14 crew members I would then meet with my FOS (Field Operations Supervisor). I would hand in all EQ’s and receive new info from the office. Sometimes I would take trips to the office to hand things in and I got paid for miles so that was always good. We are finishing up with the first group and there are roomers that we are one of the first in the nation to finish so we might be going to Las Vegas to help them there; we will see.
            For Father’s Day the kids got me a nice BBQ grill and I love it. We will have to make sure we have lots of barbeques over the next few months.
            Well, that’s about all I can remember so I’ll close this one and try harder to catch up.
            Bring on the Steaks, burgers and hotdogs,
Ken and clan

No comments:

Post a Comment