Monday, June 14, 2010

June 7 - 13, 2010





Fortie Family Flyer
June 7 – 13, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,
            Once again I am way behind. Couldn’t tell you what happened this week but for a few notes in my planner (which I don’t use well enough to really tell me much).
            I took the girls to the dentist this week in preparation for their trips to France. Michelle had a few problems but Jennifer was in good shape. I took the girls passport pictures so we wouldn’t have to pay someone else to do it and they seemed to turn out okay.
On Saturday I administered the ACT test again, nothing eventful there. On my way home I noticed the Jordan River Temple and the Oquirrh Mountain Temples were almost lined up so I drove around until I found a good place just off State Street to take a shot. It was a bit cloudy so it didn’t turn out very well. I went back later and got a better one. I have had several comments on Facebook about the shot. I have even sold some at the BYU Bookstore (I have inserted this several months later as I remembered it).
On Sunday I taught the High Priests and the lesson was about the Life of Christ. This is the lesson I was able to use the material I had prepared earlier in the year when I didn’t get to teach about Christ because of a mix up in a lesson swap. More people came this time and the material fit better in this lesson so all went well (glad I followed the spirit back then and waited). Again I brought lots of books to show them what was available to them for their study of the life of Christ and that has become my trademark; lots of books.
I assigned my kids to write a paper on their relationship with Christ. They were all excited to write them. I’m not sure what we did Sunday night so I’ll just have to leave it at that and hope someone reads this on my blog in the next few days and if I missed anything they can remind me and I’ll sneak it in so those reading it decades later won’t know how I messed up (a bit like the Nephites forgetting to write Samuel the Lamanite’s prophecies and when Christ reminds them they suddenly realize how important it is to get those things in the record).
Take ‘er easy cluck cluck,
Ken and clan


The Jordan River and Oquirrh Mountain Temples in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment